Drake Speaks On Forth Coming Album And Jayz Lil Wayne Beef




GQ and Drizzy sitdown to talk about his sophomore album, Take Care In the interview Drake talks about the
meaning behind the title.Get to know more about what he's got to say about Jigga and Lil Wayne's beef after the break...


GQ: You announced the title of this album, Take Care, with us back inDecember.What does it mean?
Drake: No one has actually asked me that yet. I came up with the name when I was on a bus in Birmingham,
England,going to as how. "Take Care" is this thing we us in passing conversation to dismiss bull shit like,"Oh,you couldn'tmake itontime?Oh,takecare,takecare."We've always used that and then I really took so much care making this
album. I knew I was going to go home and take longer than six months, I knew that I was literally going to take
care of making this project and be attentive,be clear,be immersed in it."TakeCare" worked.

GQ: When Lil Wayne and Jay-Z made passing references toeach other earlier this year,did you feel like
you were in acompromisingsituation? We know you really look up to Jayand you reallylook up to Wayne.

Drake: I'm just riding with Wayne, always. I'll never sit  her eand say that Wayne compromised me. I'm justdoing what I gotdo. I'm a CashMoney soldier.That's who I ride for.

GQ: Do you think it was blown out of proportion?
Drake: I mean,not really. I thinkit was prettyclear-cut. I think anybody denying  anything at this point is silly. And I've said that before for either of  them to say,"Oh, no man, I didn't mean it,"it's like, "Yes you did, man". But it's all good, it'swhat rap isabout. It's a competitive business.

GQ: You appeared on Wayne's " It'sGood," whichmade referenceto Jay. Would you have gotten on "H.A.M." with Jay-Z, where he made the initial reference?
Drake: If I hadheard it? No.Because Wayne's done way more
for my career than Jay-Z. Wayne is the reason I'm here. Jay-Z did that for Cole, that's his artist. Cole's
my brother, he's an artist I respect so much
 but I know he'd say the same thing. We ve got bosses we 're just falling in line, doing what he has got to do.

You Might Also Like

0 comments